Address: No. 13, Baofu Road, Tianbao Industrial District, Baodi, Tianjin，China.
A metal matrix composite (MMC), such as a brake drum, includes a preform having ceramic particles and ceramic fibers and defining a plurality of voids. As we known that the metal-matrix composite have been used for brake rotors and brake pads for years,they are typically costly and often require batch processing.While some leading company is attempting combine an MMC brake wear surface inside a low-cost and easy-to-machine cast-aluminum drum brake body,such as Accuride corp.
As a rotating mass cantilevered on the suspension, brakes represent valuable weight on the vehicle,Vehicle manufacturers place a premium value on the reduction of unsprung mass, in many cases, twice the value of mass reduced elsewhere on the vehicle.The military vehicles, weight reduction in structural components translates to greater operational flexibility — the ability to carry more payload, drive more easily over unimproved roads and/or support more protective armor.he MMC brake drum is anticipated to offer longer service life to fleet operators, reduced stopping distance and increased payloads in addition to weight savings.
Aluminum Silicon alloys physical properties,
Al - 27%Si
Al - 60%Si
Table1: Standard Silicon Aluminum (Si/Al) Alloys and a selection of their physical properties
Especially in the light of some relevant study, it concluded that AlSi alloy(same as CE alloys) has less weight,less deformation,minimum temperature at the surface.Hence,the silicon aluminum alloys can be better candidate material for the brake drum application of lightweight tactical vehicles. Baienwei is specialized in manufacturing exclusive controlled expansion(AlSi) alloys for years,its AlSi alloys performance is reliability and cost efficiency.
Thank you for your readership.For more information,please visitwww.baienwei.net
- What is AlSi alloy?
- The advantages of AlSi alloys
- Controlled expansion AlSi alloys
- Application of AlSi alloys
- The Use Of Aluminum-Silicon Alloy
- The comparison between AlSi and AlSiC
- Aluminum electronic packaging
- Spray forming technology
- Baienwei AlSi Electronic Packages
- Electronic Packaging Applications
- Pump Combiner
- Controlled Expansion Alloys Industr...
- Applicable Technologies - Aluminum-...
- AlSi42(42Si/58Al) alloy is suitable...
- Material Consulting Service
- Hermetic Housings And Packages
- Hybrid/Microelectronics Packages
- Optical Housings
- How And Why Alloying Elements Are A...